1 December 2012

make ups/break ups

**I'm starting up a new advice page on my blog, so if any of you lovely readers would like me to write a little feature on something you think would help a lot of people, e-mail me at morris_molly@ymail.com. I'll try to write as many advice features as possible!**

Now, for those of you who've been reading my blog for a while, you'll probably know about Daniel, the boy who I was truly, madly, deeply (sorry...) in love with. Well, unfortunately, we are no longer together. After a lot of thinking about our relationship and the way it was going, I felt as though I was at a time in my life where I didn't want a relationship because I needed to focus on my education. I failed my A-levels last year and made the decision to go back to sixth form. You're probably saying "What's this got to do with relationships?" but my point is that I failed because I was spending too much time with my boyfriend. It's harsh but true, and although it broke my heart to do it, I had to end the whole thing because I really need to focus on getting good grades to get me to university. I'm at risk of rambling on right now, so I'll just get on with a few tips to help you if you're thinking of breaking up with somebody, or even if somebody has just broken up with you. All of these, in my opinion, apply to both sides, so just take into consideration what I'm saying - it really helps!

Don't get stuck in a rut
The main problem for mine and Daniel's relationship was that we'd both go through phases of wanting to end the relationship. It had happened too many times and I just felt as though there really was no helping us. My main tip for not getting into this cycle is to constantly surprise one another, be it with little gifts (sweets will do!), surprise trips or showing up unannounced when your boyfriend/girlfriend least expects it. We didn't do enough of this and I feel as though it really effected our relationship. Give 110% effort, even when you don't feel like it, because the outcome will more than likely be great for both of you.

Laughter, music and family are the best types of medicine
Let's face it, when going through a break up, laughing is one of the last things that you won't to do. But believe me, even if you don't want to, it's possible. Head onto YouTube and watch a few clips of your favourite comedian or comedy TV show. It may only heal your mind for a few moments, but it's best not to get consumed with sadness. Another way to cure your unhappiness for a little while is through music. Joss Stone is fabulous and she was my favourite person to listen to after the break up - stick on one of her albums  and dance sassily around your room for a little while! The last, most important, healer of a broken heart is your family. Especially parents. They've probably been through exactly the same thing, so talking to them about it really helps. You may even get a few tubs of ice-cream out of it, too...

Whatever you do, don't blame yourself
Sounds clichéd, but it's true. Don't beat yourself up about it, because, at the end of the day, the decision has been made and there's nothing more you can do about it. It's probably for the best and you gotta do what you gotta do. Weigh up the positives of being single, and try not to focus as much on the negatives as they'll only get you down. My positives are: not having to answer to somebody constantly; the ability to have a lot more me-time; and, most importantly, meeting new people. You have to understand that sometimes things don't work out and that if it doesn't then it probably wasn't meant to be.

If you're reading this for a reason then I'm sorry for what you're going through at the moment. Break-ups are never easy but it's best to keep your head up and stay strong. As typical as that sounds, it's the best you can do at the moment, so just remember what I've said and keep smiling!


Image from weheartit.com

7 comments:

  1. This is a great post and so true! What a great idea to do an advice page on your blog :)

    Tanesha x
    http://tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, nice blog you have! I’m a new follower, would you like to follow each other?
    Makeup And London

    xx
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been with one guy and we've been together for almost 6 years, so I'd have no advice when it comes to break ups, but nice of you to share nonetheless!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com
    A Little Glitter DIY  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, congrats on being together for so long!x

      Delete
  4. aww just found your blog and love it! thanks for sharing I broke up with someone recently so appreciate the positivity of this post! :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, lovely! Hope everything is okay for you!xxxx

      Delete
  5. Your blog is so cute! This post is relevant to everybody - Everybody at some point in their life will go through heartbreak and break ups and I hope they find your post when they do! It's a lovely little piece.

    Christina x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!